Do you shut down your computer in the evening and don’t quite shut off? Is your mind on overdrive? It is time to SHUT OFF!
I had this trouble… jobs, projects and general life whizzing around in my head before bedtime, until I thought HANG ON this needs to stop!
Your brain needs to shut off in the evening to refresh for the next day and it is so important to rest, you often don’t realise it until it is too late and it all becomes a little too much.
You will be far more productive the next day after having a rest than pushing on through all hours god sends!
So my top tips for shutting down and shutting off after work are:
- Plan something for the evening… whether it be a nice meal or a run, how about meeting a friend?
- Make some delicious and healthy food that will provide you with all of the vitamins, nutrients and energy you need.
- Shut down your phone and computer at least 2 hours before bed to let your mind relax.
- Read a book or take a relaxing bath before bed… make a routine out of it.
- If you have too much in your head still… write it down. Once you get it on paper leave it there for the morning and deal with it then.
I hope you find these simple steps helpful…
Please like and follow the blog for more tips and tricks!